Tumblr is among those social media platforms that everybody has become aware of, however few know anything about.
While many may not understand precisely what it is, Tumblr is among the most popular blogging platforms. You must take a look at the platform if you haven’t heard of it before.
Concerning personal branding, Tumblr offers some unique advantages to blog writers and companies alike.
For example, the platform can help showcase their creativity or build an audience through quality material and personalization choices.
In this post, we’ll discuss what Tumblr is and have a look at the top functions and advantages of utilizing Tumblr, from composing tutorials to creating podcasts.
What Is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging platform for sharing images, music, video, links, quotes, GIFs, text, and other multimedia. The site likewise has a “Reactions” function, which enables users to express their feelings about something posted on the website.
Unlike other platforms, Tumblr profiles are extremely personalized. Brands can tailor their style, design, colors, fonts, and more. Users can also follow each other’s updates and produce custom-made RSS feeds based upon their interests.
Developing an account on Tumblr is free-and-easy to establish. All posts on Tumblr are public, and all users have the option to follow you. There are no personal profile choices like on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Facebook Verified.
Users can create various widgets for their profiles.
Tumblr has actually ended up being more popular with its totally free mobile app, rich API, custom-made design tools, and vibrant community.
50 Tumblr Facts And Statistics
- Tumblr started in 2007 as a blogging platform that enabled users to share pictures, videos, text posts, and more.
- The service gained appeal after being obtained by Yahoo! in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
- From 2017 to 2019, Oath took control of ownership of the platform prior to being purchased by Verizon Media.
- In 2019, ownership moved again to Automattic, a parent business of WordPress that retains ownership today.
- Tumblr is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- There are 2,437 employees at Tumblr.
- Out of their workers, 57% are females.
- Most workers who operate at Tumblr stick with the business for approximately 5.3 years.
- Over 556 million blog sites are hosted on Tumblr.
- Numerous stars and influencers post on Tumblr, however the platform does not utilize the same blue check validated symbol you see on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Twitter Verified.
- The yearly revenue for Tumblr is between $75-100 million.
- Tumblr has hundreds of partners and countless commissioned art work.
- There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today.
- Individuals can post on Tumblr in 18 various languages.
- Even though they have been around for a while, 61% of new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z.
- Tumblr is the third most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- And the third most popular blogging platform on the web completely.
- 45.94% of the traffic on Tumblr originates from the U.S.
- For those new to Tumblr, they use a guide on how to get going publishing.
- The trending topics on Tumblr are diverse, similar to any other website, from Legend of Zelda to U.K. politics.
- Relating to interest categories, most people discuss computer game, consoles, and accessories. They likewise talk about computer systems, electronics, news, and subjects regarding universities.
- A few of Tumblr’s leading rivals consist of Buy Twitter Verified, Pinterest, and Buy Instagram Verified.
- There are various advertisement opportunities on Tumblr, including native ad experiences and custom opportunities.
- Tumblr is an independently owned business.
- In a recent survey, 70% of users stated that they were pleased by the functionality of Tumblr. The top two rankings above this were Pinterest and Buy YouTube Subscribers, with a 76% client fulfillment score.
- Tumblr has 135 million monthly active users.
- Earlier this year, there was an uptick in visitations to Tumblr, with 291.7 million sees in Might.
- Tumblr prides itself on being an inclusive area for everybody to share its views mentioning, “Tumblr is whatever you desire it to be.”
- On top of the capability to post day-to-day blog sites, Tumblr likewise provides a liveblog function so users can blog as events or things occur in real-time.
- The majority of people (69%) use Tumblr on their mobile phones, and 31% utilize the platform on the web.
- In a recent study, when social networks were ranked by brand awareness in the U.S., 58% of people recognized the platform.
- The top quantity of users going to the web is U.S.-based at 46.37%.
- This is followed by the UK and Canada users on the web at 5.94% and 5.07%, respectively.
- Australia follows this at 3.2% and then Germany at 3.1%.
- In 2018, Tumblr banned adult content on its platform, a polarizing move.
- Mashable recommends that “Fandom’s homeland is Tumblr.”
- And The Brink states that “The things that occur on Tumblr are utterly unique to any other social platform.”
- There are around 9.7 million daily posts on Tumblr.
- The demographics for leading Tumblr users break down to 33.04% from ages 18-25, 31.44% from 25-34, and 16.10% in between 35-44 years old.
- Of these users, 41.41% recognize as female, and 58.59% identify as male.
- Tumble has a bounce rate of 42.67%.
- Like other platforms like Buy Facebook Verified, users can like and repost content.
- You can develop custom HTML themes on Tumblr.
- There is also a Mass Post Editor function on Tumblr, enabling users to edit or erase numerous posts all at once.
- Users can quickly add inline images from the web to their posts by pasting the image’s URL into the post.
- Tumblr likewise has keyboard faster way choices which make it simpler to create posts.
- Some of Tumblr’s leading competitors consist of Ghost, Hexo, and Medium.
- There are over 2,000 posts produced every second on Tumblr.
- Regarding traffic leading back to Tumblr, 28.48% of that traffic originates from Buy Twitter Verified, and 20.25% comes from Buy YouTube Subscribers.
- On average, users visit 6.47 pages when they use the platform.
Tumblr is an online neighborhood where anybody can produce compelling and distinct content.
As you can see, it is also highly customizable, permitting users and brand names to create their perfect profiles. It’s likewise an excellent space to discover and cultivate new audiences.
There are almost limitless possibilities with the platform, and it deserves checking out to see if it’s ideal for your brand name.
If you’re looking to integrate more blogging choices and are thinking about incorporating Tumblr, take a look at this post.
Featured Image: Lenka Horavova/Best SMM Panel